Many teachers around us understand that they should be tech savoy and learn to integrate technology for teaching, but they are afraid of taking first steps. I feel that we don't have much knowledge and information to start making our teaching tech based. I am planning to write and provide as many links and resources which could make our journey easier. Today's site "Education World" is the site which helps the teachers in this connection. It is a FREE resoruce.
Education World makes internet easier for educators. Education World's goal is to make it easy for educators to integrate the Internet into the classroom. With 98 percent of the nation's public schools connected to the Internet, the need for a complete online educational guide is evident.
* a search engine for educational Web sites only, a place where educators can find information without searching the entire Internet;
* original content, including lesson plans, practical information for educators, information on how to integrate technology in the classroom, and articles written by education experts;
* site reviews;
* daily features and columns;
* teacher and principal profiles;
* Wire Side Chats with the important names in education;
* employment listings.
The site is divided into many sections and you can directly go to 'site guide' link to further search for these sections:
EDUCATION WORLD @ HOME
You can subscribe to many FREE newsletters such as:
- Education World Newsletter
- Education Site Reviews
- Teacher Lesson Plans
- Administrator's Desk Newsletter
- Education News Headlines
- Education Humor
- Early Childhood Education Newsletter
- Professional Development Newsletter
- SchoolNotes Home Newsletter
To subscribe click at 'this link'.