'Go Green' is a campaign about environmental issues that affect the future of the planet. "Going green" is a term used to describe "being more environmentally conscious in all aspects of your life".
Islamic teachings provide an ethical worldview of Nature and extends an invitation to believers and non-believers alike to reflect on natural phenomena, and to safeguard natural elements as an invaluable trust so that they may avoid disturbing the inherent balanced state of the planet
Slogan of the Green Deen Day (held on March 12, 2011) was 'Reuse the past, recycle the present, save the future'
Students displayed energy crisis related projects, along with recycling projects, posters.
• Water, Wave
Stalls of every class were packed with recycled products or energy saving related projects. Early year students of class KG 2 prepared a small demonstration in favor of 'Go Green' which was well appreciated by audience.
Every class was distributed in two groups and there were competitions among them. A voting system was organized and students, teachers and visitors were encouraged to vote the teams with better projects and better communication skills.
The gifts for winning teams were distributed at the end of program
The gifts were 'Go Green' related (small varieties of cactus plants for every winning team)
- Ordinary people can positively impact our world in their everyday lives.
- Through simple, responsible behavior shifts, together we can protect human health through environmental stewardship.
* Why Go Green from Go Green Initiative.org
* 'NOAA This portal is designed for educators to accessing materials related to environment issues.
* Shout learning resources and tools
* Earth Echo International EarthEcho International's mission is to empower youth to take action that restores and protects our water planet.
* How we can go green? 'Treehugger' offers many useful posts
A collage of our awesome event: