'what is numeracy strategy?'
The simple answer of later question could be that 'It is activity based learning system which is being adopted and successfully implemented in Britain for years. In early years, children learn numeracy and mathematical skills through practical activities, games and tasks which have a real relevance and meaning in everyday life.
On Friday 7, December 2012 a training session was held to answer this important question.
Objective of this training was 'Effective implementation of numeracy strategy in early years'
Topic discussed during training session were:
- Brief introduction and purpose of numeracy strategy
- Introduction to numeracy hour (lesson plan)
- Ideal lesson plan. Parts of lesson plan and timing allotted to each part i.e ‘objective, oral/mental starter, main, plenary etc
- Role of rhymes and importance of activities (individual, pair or group).
- Video watching (Numeracy related)
- Suggest group or pair activities to implement ‘sample lesson plan’ (using flash cards, available resources etc)
- Role of TA’s in class management while implementing numeracy strategy effectively.
Rest of the training stuff will be inshaa Allah shared in next post or may be I can edit this post later.