A very impressive and easy to navigate site "
Ready Web" is an electronic collection of resources for early childhood and school rediness. So for parents and teachers this site is a valuable source of inforamation, research based studies, tips and advices.
Founded at: December 9, 2006
ReadyWeb provides a Virtual Library of the full text of documents and articles, and hyperlinks to documents and articles, on various topics related to school readiness.
"ReadyWeb" also provides bibliographies of documents and journal articles from the ERIC database.
Link to virtual library where you can find 4 catagories:
1-Tips for Parents
2-Research, Statistics, and Definitions
3-Getting Schools Ready for Children
4-Public Policy Issues and Initiatives
For parents: There is a long list of articles which take you to other sites or information sources.
Check here: Tips for Parents
I am giving here few article links, rest of the articles, or research reports are also a source of information.
** Tips to Help Children Adjust for both parents and teachers
** Preventing Reading Difficulties Before Kindergarten
ReadyWeb is a project of the Early Childhood and Parenting (ECAP) Collaborative, College of Education, at the University of Illinois.
It was originally funded, at least in part, with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences.
* ReadyWeb has been awarded the Parenting Q&A Seal of Approval.
* ReadyWeb has received the LookSmart Editor's Choice award.
* ReadyWeb has been rated in the Top 5% of all Web sites by Lycos.
* ReadyWeb has received the
* "RECOGNIZED BY 4therapy.com AWARD" as a Web site that provides a useful public service to consumers and/or professionals seeking information on the Internet.
* ReadyWeb was featured in the July 20-September 20, 2004, issue of Parents' Source as a great resource for the whole family!