Search This Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 4, 2010

So you want to be a great teacher?

I love to read and bookmark the teaching or learning blogs and whenever I am succeeded to find a site or blog I am happy to share it with my blog readers. Today's blog review is for teachers who love their profession and want to get useful information or suggestions from other experienced teachers to become great teachers.

'So you want to teach' is a teacher's blog who is trying to become a great teacher. Blog is loaded with useful articles. It includes the useful tips and ideas to manage classrooms, dealing with students, how to enhance your teaching etc.

Joel (the blogger) says: 'This blog is different -I strive to keep a personal atmosphere and writing style, while freely transferring practical information in meaningful and positive ways.'

He further says: 'I began teaching band in 2002. Though I had a lot of information, my classes were out of control. I was tired, frustrated, disrespected by students, lonely, and on the brink of quitting.

I had had enough. I resigned from my school district right before spring break of my second year and made it my personal mission to learn to be a great teacher.

So You Want To Teach? is the ongoing story of my quest for educational excellence.'


Popular post section seems quite interesting and valuable for teachers as it includes:
  • Top 5 (Plus 14) Character Traits Of Superior Teachers
  • 9 Reasons To Quit Teaching (And 10 Reasons To Stick)
  • 5 Habits of Highly Effective Teachers
  • Are Classroom Rules Needed?
  • How Do I Keep My Students Quiet?
  • Fun Back to School Activities
  • Habit 2: Classroom Habits
  • New Teacher Survival Kit 
You can start browsing the site by going directly to the popular post titles or just click the 'Start' tab to go for 20 classic articles.
    ♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
    Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
    [Get this Widget]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...