Many educational institutions or teachers are aware of the power and affects of "Blogging" for educational purposes but they don't know where to start. I hope that this article would help the students or teachers interested for use of blogging in classroom.
Blogs for Learning, is an online resource about instructional blogging. The site provides students and instructors with information and resources about the technical and pedagogical aspects of blogging in the classroom.
Blogs for Learning was originally conceived by Dr. Ethan Watrall and Dr. Nicole Ellison as a robust online resource designed for students and instructors who are interested in the theory and practice of blogging within an educational setting.
The goal of Blogs for Learning is to provide information and resources as to the technical, legal, and pedagogical aspects of blogging in the classroom. The design of the Blogs for Learning site was carefully conceived to be elegant, highly standards compliant and very forward thinking.
Blogs for Learning was created with the generous support from the College of Communication Arts and Sciences and the Department of Telecommunications, Information Studies, and Media at Michigan State University.
Articles section contains very useful articles which can be downloaded easily either for reading or printing.
Few titles are:
- Student Blogging - What You Should Know
- Blogging for Large Classes
- Using Blogs in a College Classroom: What's Authenticity Got To Do With It?
* There are many tutorials which are in a flash presentation format, so you just have to sit, relax, watch the videos and learn about "Blogging". (Section is not working for the time being, but hope that it would be updated soon)
Read their "blog" for useful and latest articles.
Related links and posts:
- Use second generation web technologies so you can be at the forefront of transforming learning in your school at The Why 2 of Web 2.0
- Benefits of classroom Blogging?
- Classroom Blogging: More than Just Tech Ed
- A blog about career development, technology and learning strategies: The Bamboo Project
- A blog about Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century.
- Links for teachers to start educational blogs
- Effective use of Blogging in education